Recipe by Nana Lee
I have 2 recipes for this goody. Each has its own special taste. Try them both and place a vote for your favorite!
Top Review by viennagirl
These were great! I loved the crispy crust...not chewy like sometimes. I actually made them a couple times over the holiday season! Thanks for fixing the recipe! They are delicious!
Pastry for Tarts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup pecans (halves or broken)
Directions See How It's Made
- For Pastry:.
- Mix ingredients together with hands.
- Refrigerate to chill.
- Pinch balls about the size a small walnut, and form dough to fit in mini muffin pans.
- For Syrup:.
- Place the sugar, corn syrup, and butter in saucepan on medium heat.
- Heat together, stirring, only until butter and sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat, and pour slowly over slightly beaten eggs beating all the while, add vanilla and stir until well blended.
- To Assemble:.
- Put about 1/2 teaspoon of fairly finely chopped pecans into pastries.
- Cover with about 1 tablespoon of syrup, or until cups are about three fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 mins., or until filling is set.
- Cool slightly in pans, and then remove to wire racks to cool.