Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pecans are just lovely in cakes. An old fashioned recipe from the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. . Cooking time is approximate.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together and add to egg yolk.
- Stir in sour cream and cook in double boiler until it coats the spoon.
- Add flavoring and nuts; stir to blend.
- Let cool to room temperature before assembling cake.