Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on a card stuck in a magazine although I can't remember which one now. I haven't made yet but wanted to not lose. I will post a review after I try it.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more
- all-purpose flour, for preparation (spooned and leveled)
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F Line an 8-in square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- In a food processor, pulse pecans until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. In processor blend four, sugar, butter and salt until moist clumps form. Add reserved pecans; pulse 2 or 3 times, just to blend.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of prepared pan. If dough is sticky, dip fingers into flour. With a floured fork, prick dough every 1/2 inch. Bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Use foil overhang to lift shortbread from pan onto cutting board. With a serrated knife, carefully cut warm shortbread into 18 bars (6 rows by 3 rows). Remove from foil; cool bars completely on a rack before serving.