Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
My family loves this recipe. I have to make it every Thanksgiving for them.
- 2 (1 lb) stale bread
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups celery
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup ground pecans (or coarsely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot chicken broth or 3 1⁄2 cups turkey broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place several slices of bread in electric processor or blender.
- Process until finely crumbled.
- Repeat until all bread is crumbled.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add crumbs and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into well greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.