Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make the day before, so when you get up all you have to do is bake them! Very easy if you have overnight guests!
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed about 4 hours
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (NOT INSTANT)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add brown sugar, pudding, milk, cinammon and pecans.
- Stir til well blended.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with vegetable spray.
- Cut each loaf into 12 slices.
- Place on bottom of pan.
- Pour all of the sauce over.
- Cover with foil and let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove foil.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn over onto a jelly roll pan.
- Be careful, the sauce is VERY HOT!
Easy recipe, and the rolls turned out softer than the crunchier monkey bread I was expecting with a caramel frosting on the bottom.
All I can say is WOW!! if you want an easy but spectacular tasting yummy and gooey breakfast treat to impress your family this is it. I took it to work and nobody could believe I had made this, I gave the reciepe to a friend and her whole family loved it too. she was very surprized how easy it was to make. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe.
Just to say that it's easiest recipe to make and boyfriend tested and A-OK ;-) I scored!!!! Dippy