Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a good side dish with almost any meat dish. My family eats it by the bowl full.
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and bell peppers in the butter until tender.
- Add the chicken broth and seasoned salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the uncooked rice and return mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until rice is completely done.
- Uncover and remove from heat.
- Top with chopped parsley and toasted pecan pieces.
- Stir slightly and serve.