Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is one I've always used.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Combine sugar, margarine and milk.
- Cook to a soft ball stage.
- (when a little placed in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball) Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Stir until it begins to thicken (doesn't take long, will have to work fast).
- Drop by tablespoons on waxed paper or buttered dish.
- Ready to eat when cooled.
- Store remainder in airtight container.
Wonderful recipe! My family is from Louisiana and this is the same recipe that they use.