Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From November 2009 O Magazine. Dark chocolate ganache and pecan pie filling layered in miniature baking cups.
- 1⁄4 lb bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon or 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 pecan halves
- Line a 12 cup mini muffin tin with mini baking cups. Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan, and immediately pour over chocolate. Let mixture sit for 1 minute before stirring with a whisk to melt chocolate and form a smooth ganache. Avoid stirring too vigorously (it shouldn't bubble). Fill each muffin cup with 2 teaspoons ganache, and tap the tin gently to allow chocolate to spread. Set remaining ganache aside in a warm place until ready to use. Chill tin in freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring chopped pecans, corn syrup, sugar, butter, salt, and heavy cream to a boil in a medium pan over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon and vanilla. Let cool slightly before spooning 2 teaspoons of mixture into all muffin cups, followed by 1 teaspoon of remaining ganache. Garnish each with 1 pecan half. Chill in refrigerator until set (about 1 hour). Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.