1 hr 10 mins
This is the 1971 winner of the Pillsbury Bake-Off. It was created by Pearl Hall of Washington. It's described as "delicious as pecan pie" only easier to make and much more portable to eat in bar form.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Grease 13 x 9 inch pan.
- 3Reserve 2/3 cup of the dry cake mix for filling.
- 4In a large bowl, combine remaining dry cake mix, margarine and 1 egg at low speed until well blended.
- 5Press in bottom of greased pan.
- 6Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 7In large bowl, combine reserved 2/3 cup dry cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs at low speed until moistened.
- 8Beat 1 minute at medium speed or until well blended.
- 9Pour filling mixture over warm base; sprinkle with pecans.
- 10Bake an additional 30-35 minutes or until filling is set.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Cut into 36 bars.
- 13Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pie Surprise Bars (Pillsbury Bake-Off Winner)
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 142.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g