Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
This super simple brownie recipe has NO chocolate in it! And unlike the only other similar recipe on this site, this one starts with a yellow cake mix, making it so much easier. This tastes just like pecan pie!
- 15 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup Dark Karo syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Reserve 3/4 cup cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix and 1 egg in large bowl and beat until smooth. Add butter and mix well.
- Press into bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, 3 eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, chopped pecans and reserved cake mix in large bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the baked layer and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into squares.
These were DIVINE! Sad to say but this was pretty much my dinner last night. The other sad thing is my DH and kids don't like pecans; these brownines will be all mine. I used light brown sugar instead of dark which the recipe didn't suffer from it. I am not a fan of Almond extract but you could not taste it. This was very easy and yummy. Made for ZWT9 for the Gourment Goddesses July 2013.
These were so quick and easy to make. Everyone jumped in and they were gone in a few minutes. I'll be making these again soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.