Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe comes from a restaurant in New Orleans.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs with a wire whisk or fork.
- Add salt, butter, syrup, sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into pie crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
This is the Pecan Pie I made for Thanksgiving last year and everyone in my house loved it. I had to let it cook for a little longer than the time suggested for it to set, the the taste was PHENOMENAL! We will definitely be making it again this year. Thanks for posting!
A step or an ingredient was left out. This recipie, followed to the letter, will produce sugar soup with pecans in a crust. I am going to try to cook the corn syrup and brown sugar ahead of time to make a "candy" then add the eggs and butter etc. Ill let you know.
This is an excellent recipe. My godson, who does not care that much for pecan pie, loved this one. (I used 3/4 cup of butter and let the pie "rest" until the next day).