Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
this is a very smooth center pecan pie..melts in your mouth ..also from from fireman's firehouse cookbook...a real beauty of a pie ..
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- In a saucepan, melt margarine with brown sugar.
- Add eggs, salt, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add pecans.
- Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I made this for Christmas dinner.It was sooo easy,and my dad(the pecan pie expert)loved it.I am not crazy about pecan pie,but this was good.
I have a family of pecan pie aficionados - and this was declared the best pie ever! Used 1/2 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, and a ready-crust.
Making this again next weekend for my husband's birthday - thanks for such an easy recipe!
The best pecan pie I've ever had. It's better than my southern mama's.