Recipe by Emily Amarnick
I think of this as my "gateway" raw food recipe for people that have never had raw vegan food before. Even the pickiest of eaters are sure to love this! Pair these wraps with your favorite side salad and you have a wonderful meal!
- 6 leaves collard greens (big leaves)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 1 tablespoon liquid, amino acids
- 5 slices mangoes
- 6 slices yellow bell peppers
- 5 pieces avocados
- 1 bunch bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Pecans, Red Onion, Sliced Portobello Mushroom and Braggs into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until well combined. Scrape down sides as needed. Add a tsp of water at a time if pate is too thick. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Cut out big "vein" in the middle of the collard green by slicing down each side. You should be left with two pieces. (Left and right sides of leaf).
- Place one piece of a collard green long ways, on your cutting board, shiny side down.
- Spread one dollop of your pate mixture at bottom of leaf, leaving 1 inch of collard green underneath.
- Place one slice of mango, pepper and avocado on pate mixture. Add a few bean sprouts on top.
- Roll away from you, seal side down.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the remaining collard leaves and ingredients.
- Divide 2 wraps per person and serve with your favorite side salad! Assembled wraps will keep in fridge for 1-2 days.