Recipe by WaterMelon
Yummy and moist muffins. Not too sweet. I love the crunchiness! Preserves suggestion: peach/apricot works well.
Top Review by Roosie
I took my first bite of these and thought, "wow, these are pretty dense." I thought about it for a second and then looked at the recipe... yep, no oil! I hadn't even realized! They did turn out very well, still fairly moist but a little more 'bready' than I'm used to my muffins being. The flavor was very good. I did replace the sour cream with buttermilk and used organic apricot preserves and I did leave out the vanilla (I'm out) and the salt. Not too sweet, but still lovely. I love pecans! For a non/very low fat muffin these are great. BF and I both liked the dense bready texture and enjoyed the extra flavor the preserves added. Thanks!
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup all-fruit preserves (no sugar added)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 10 muffin cups.
- Sift first 5 ingredients into large bowl.
- Whisk sour cream, preserves, egg and vanilla to blend in medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and pecans to flour mixture and stir just until combined; do not overmix.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick test done.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.