Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
"A pretty glaze gives this tender, nutty bread an extra boost of lemony flavor. For variety, you can substitute grated orange peel and orange juice for the lemon." A runner-up recipe from taste of home.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in pecans and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice and remaining sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over warm bread. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan.