1/4 Photos of Pecan Crusted Chicken With Raspberry Drizzle
Kelly M.'s Note:
Easy crispy chicken with a simple raspberry sauce. You could also do this with boneless breasts if you like, but thighs are so much more flavorful and give the dish that extra boost. Adjust the cook time to about 25 minutes if using boneless breasts. This recipe was a contest entry for RSC #11.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in (not too small)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Mix flour, cayenne, 1/8 tsp salt and a few turns of the pepper mill in a shallow bowl.
- 3Mix egg and milk in another small bowl.
- 4Combine pecans and breadcrumbs and remaining salt on waxed paper or in a shallow dish.
- 5Pat thighs dry and dredge in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, then coat with pecan mixture on both sides, pressing in gently to help them adhere.
- 6Place on a shallow baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is done. Don't overcook or chicken will be dry.
- 7While chicken is cooking, in a small bowl combine raspberry preserves, mustard and honey, mixing well. Heat in microwave until hot. This can also be done in a small saucepan on the stove, but it's just as good in the microwave and you don't have to dirty another pan.
- 8Place chicken on plate and drizzle with raspberry sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Crusted Chicken With Raspberry Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.0
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 164.0 mg
- Sodium 613.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 24.0 g