Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Fleischmann's.
- 1 ounce Fleischmann's active dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (100 to 110 F)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk (100 to 110 F)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon spice islands pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands pure vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Combine yeast, water and 1 teaspoon honey in a large mixing bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Yeast mixture should be foamy. Stir in warm milk, salt, eggs, butter and 1/3 cup money. Add 3 cups flour; beat until well mixed. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- For filling, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 X 9-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Place each piece on a greased baking sheet. Spread filling down the middle third of the dough, lengthwise. Sprinkle pecans over filling. Brush sides of dough with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Make 1-inch wide cuts on both side of the dough up to the filling using a sharp knife or scissors. Fold each cut section of dough over the filling to resemble a braid. Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes on a baking sheet. Transfer to serving platter.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons milk in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Add more milk to reach desired consistency, if needed. Drizzle over warm braid. Serve warm.