Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Awesome recipe. I get lots of requests for this one. I don't remember where I got it from.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄3 cup margarine (melted)
- 14 ounces caramels (unwrapped)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half, creamo
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pecan halves (or pieces for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into 9-inch springform pan.
- Reserve 10 caramels. In saucepan, combine remaining caramels and 1/2 cup Creamo.
- Over medium-low heat, cook and stir till melted and smooth.
- Stir in chopped pecans and spread over crust.
- Bake 15 minutes and cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake 1 hour or until set (center will be slightly soft).
- In small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir reserved caramels with remaining 3 tbsp Creamo until melted and smooth.
- Immediately spread over cake.
- Garnish with pecan halves or pieces.
- Chill overnight.
Wow! What a cake! This is scrumptious! The crust is to die for. It's so rich and creamy with ooey gooey caramel. A small piece will satisfy the caramel lover. Try it. You won't be disappointed. Thanks Treko.
Absolutely loved it! Very rich, but delicious. It's the kind of dessert you can't eat a huge piece of, which is good! I found that I cooked it for more than an hour for the middle to feel set. Will definitely make again!