Recipe by Kasha
Excellent thinly sliced with cream cheese.
Top Review by Cookin'withGas
oh WOW...words cannot describe this bread...I'm in love, LOL...On the surface a seemingly ordinary, some might say, a boring bread...But you slice this beauty, slather on butter and heat in the micro until the butter melts and you have sheer nirvana, mmmmm...I'll be trying this one again and again with a different nut each time, to see which ones I like best...think of it!!!Macadamia...walnut...pistachio...almond...let the variations begin!!!thank you for posting this marvelous recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix milk and egg and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix, do not beat.
- Stir in pecans.
- Baked in greased loaf pan in a 350° preheated oven about 1 hour.
- Best kept a day or two before eating.
- Freezes well, great thinly sliced with cream cheese.