Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe for the skillet! These have a crisp outside btu are soft inside. The recipe came from the Jan Feb 2004 issue of Cooking Light.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a hand-held mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes or until well combined.
- Add maple flavoring and egg; beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture; stir until well combined.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9 inch cast-iron skillet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan, and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Cool completely before serving.