1/1 Photo of Peasto Frittata With Bacon, Onion and Feta
This recipe for a peasto frittata is based off a Jamie Oliver recipe. Wondering what peasto is? It’s basically the same thing as pesto, but with peas instead (…duh). It’s incredibly easy and tastes fantastic. I might even like it more than pesto… Of course, I needed to add some bacon to the recipe. It is truly one of my weaknesses. I also threw some onion in there. The end result was a delicious brunch which was enjoyed along side some toast and jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Place your bacon on a cooking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked. While the bacon is cooking, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together and put to one side.
- 2Add the peas and a good pinch of salt to a pestle and mortar (or you can use a food processor for this part) and bash to a rough paste. Stir in the zest and juice of half a lemon, a good grating of Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of pepper (you may need to do this in batches). Have a taste and add a little extra Parmesan or lemon juice, if needed.
- 3Place a small non-stick ovenproof frying pan on medium head. Dice your onion, then add to the pan with a bit of olive oil. Cook until translucent. Turn heat to low and add cooked bacon to pan with onion.
- 4Fold half the peas to through the egg to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the pan over the bacon and onion, then spoon little bombs of the remaining pisto on top. Stir gently for a minute or so, then scatter over the feta and grate a little more Parmesan on top, if you like it extra cheesy. Place the pan in the hot oven for about 5 minutes, or until golden and risen.
- 5When the frittata is ready, turn it out onto a board and serve!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peasto Frittata With Bacon, Onion and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 307.9 mg
- Sodium 521.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g