Found this at allrecipes and love it!! Made this as my side when the main course was a simple roasted chicken. The only change I made was to omit the MSG.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 4 slices bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons cooking sherry
- 1 pinch msg, to taste
- 1 pinch salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1Pour peas in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until peas are hot and tender, 5 to 7 minutes; drain.
- 2Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the fat renders and the bacon is crisp, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir onion into the bacon dripping; cook and stir with the bacon until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Pour cream over the bacon mixture; cook and stir until the cream thickens, about 5 minutes. Season thickened cream with monosodium glutamate, salt, and pepper. Pour sherry into the thickened cream. Add drained peas and mushrooms to the skillet; gently stir to coat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peas Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 213.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & fresh ground pepper