Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Want to dress up a side dish of peas? This recipe comes from the 1995 cookbook Greek Cooking.
- 2 lbs frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions
- 1 (14 1/8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add peas, lemon juice, pinch of sugar & chopped dill.
- Cover & cook about 10 minutes, or until peas are tender, then drain & keep warm.
- Cut off root ends of green onions & trim green tops, leaving about 1 inch of green attached.
- In a saucepan heat olive oil & cook onions to soften.
- Cut artichoke hearts into halves or quarters & add to onions.
- Add peas, salt & pepper & cook for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
this was good but I felt it needs something else to boost the flavors together, needed more oil and I added in some garlic powder but still something was missing, I might make again with some other additions, thanks Syd!
Oh, and I also added a big clove of pressed garlic. Yum!
Like other reviewers, I felt that this was missing something. I began with fresh peas, which I blanched, then followed the directions as written; with the exception of adding more lemon, dill and sugar along with some butter to the pan before serving. The artichokes were great, but the peas were just okay. Thanks for giving me something new to try!