Recipe by Sydney Mike
Want to dress up a side dish of peas? This recipe comes from the 1995 cookbook Greek Cooking.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this was good but I felt it needs something else to boost the flavors together, needed more oil and I added in some garlic powder but still something was missing, I might make again with some other additions, thanks Syd!
- 2 lbs frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions
- 1 (14 1/8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add peas, lemon juice, pinch of sugar & chopped dill.
- Cover & cook about 10 minutes, or until peas are tender, then drain & keep warm.
- Cut off root ends of green onions & trim green tops, leaving about 1 inch of green attached.
- In a saucepan heat olive oil & cook onions to soften.
- Cut artichoke hearts into halves or quarters & add to onions.
- Add peas, salt & pepper & cook for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.