- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 4 cooking pears, peeled cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy, small skillet combine pine nuts, sugar and cloves. Stir over medium low heat until sugar melts and pine nuts are golden. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add apple juice, brown sugar and ginger and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add pears and cinnamon. Cook for 5 minutes, or until pears are tender.
- Serve hot over ice cream. Garnish with candied pine nuts.