Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup pearl tapioca
- 3 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In crock-pot combine tapioca (large round kind, no substitutes) and water and soak overnight. Add brown sugar and salt; cover and cook for 12 hours on low.
- Stir gently once in a while. Chill.
- Add walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour in a deep glass dish and cover with sweetened whipped cream.
- This is easy to do in crock-pot and takes no watching.
- Serves 8.
- Recipe may be doubled.
- Variation: Add the juice from 1 can crushed pineapple to the water to make 3 cups.
- Fold in the pineapple before cooling.
- Just before serving, you may wish to add fresh chopped peanuts.
I thought I'd ignore the first bad review and go ahead with this since I had pearl tapioca and walnuts, but this frankly was not very good.
My daughter and her friend made this. It was really good and easy enough for kids to make.
This is not tapioca pudding, just a brown glob. Please don't try this recipe if you are looking for the tapioca pudding that you are familiar with.