Recipe by COOKGIRl
My accomplice, Dear Niece gave me insider information regarding this salad recipe. I have her doing my culinary crime grunt work for me now. She and I will negotiate salary later...after she's proven her worth. For easier preparation, I roast the potatoes the evening before and allow to cool. Salad recipe does require some preparation, but is worth the effort. Stolen from a local vegetarian restaurant. What else is new?
- 6 cups mixed greens, divided
- 2 medium ripe firm pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 roasted small red potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed, roasted and cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup homemade pesto sauce (or pistou sauce-read *NOTE)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, roasted (omit if using PESTO sauce as it already contains nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- *NOTE: use either pesto sauce or French pistou sauce (see #100384). The Zaar computer wouldn't let me type in pistou sauce as an ingredient. Naughty computer!
- Divide and arrange the mixed greens on 4 salad plates.
- Gently toss the pesto/pistou with the pear and roasted potatoes. Divide and serve the mixture over the mixed greens. Garnish with sliced almonds if desired.
- Since this is in essence a pilfered recipe, all amounts are estimated.
- A few recommendations to round out the menu: Serve with French bread and a glass of wine, listen to the soundtrack to Amelie and discuss Toulouse-Lautrec and the Belle Epoque.