Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and good to serve with coffee.
Make and share this Pear Pistachio and Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease and flour loaf tin.
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter and eggs in food processor.
- Blend until just combined. (Do not over blend).
- Transfer to mixing bowl. Stir in chocolate, pear, pistachios and orange zest.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin.
- Bake 60 minutes or until skewer inserted coes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then turn onto cake rack to cool.
I have made this cake several times now, its really lovely. It needed cooking for slightly longer than recommended but i cooked it in a round cake tin so that may be why. I changed the pistachios for pecans as that was what I had. Its just as nice hot or cold (if there's any left over) We ate it with cream naughty but nice.
Although I haven't yet tried this, it sounds lovely and unusual. Above all, I so appreciate your posting a REAL cake recipe and not something out of a box! I've just spent about an hour looking at pistachio recipes, including many cakes, and everything else I've seen uses a cake mix.