Recipe by Debbwl
A sour cream custard and streusel mixture form the topping for the pear pie. This pie won in a local baking competition.
Top Review by 2Bleu
I thought this was really good, but DH didn't care for it. I read the reviews and decided to make it crustless and it worked out to a wonderful crumble rather than a pie. I also used fresh pears, sliced. This recipe tastes better chilled, and the sour cream is a really nice touch. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 1 (2 lb) can pear halves, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (I use almonds or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Arrange pear halves cut side up in pie shell.
- Combine sugar, ginger, sour cream and egg; mix well.
- Pour over pears.
- **Streusel Topping**.
- In small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle with Streusel Topping over pie.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in refrigerator.