Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made pasta and marinara sauce for my grandkids today, and had left-over pasta, so I decided to invent a pasta salad. I was a little worried about this one, but I think it turned out great! Very different than any pasta salad I have eaten before. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups bow tie pasta (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, matchsticks or shredded
- 1 medium pear, peeled and diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) envelope Starkist tuna, Zesty Lemon Pepper
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil (olive or sunflower)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add dressing to salad and toss well.
- Can serve immediately, but flavor will increase if you refrigerate for an hour or so, first.