Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple, yet delicious lunch. I found this in an old Taste of Home magazine I had, and I've adjusted it to my liking. I added chicken (this was a meatless sandwich) and I took out the chopped walnuts due to family allergies (it called for 2 TB). You could also use turkey in this and make these the day after Thanksgiving! Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 2 medium pears, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poppy seed
- 4 -6 pita pockets
- Combine the pears, celery, grapes and chicken in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise and poppy seeds. Add this to the pear mixture, toss to coat. Let sit in the refrigerator 1 hour or overnight. To serve, line a pita with lettuce and scoop in some of the chicken mixture.