Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pears, lightly spiced, and baked in custard.
- 1 sour cream pie crust (in my recipes)
- 4 medium pears, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into bits
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -5 drops almond extract
- ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon
- Roll pie crust disk out on lightly-floured work surface to 1/8 inch thick round.
- Roll dough up on rolling pin and transfer to 9 inch in diameter tart pan with removable bottom.
- Gently press into place.
- Trim and finish edges.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line pastry with foil and fill with pie weights or dry beans.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and weights and continue baking 10 more minutes.
- Arrange pears in pastry in concentric circles, overlapping slightly.
- Dot with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar; bake until pears are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk light cream, egg, egg yolk, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla and almond extracts to blend.
- Pour over pears.
- Sprinkle lightly with ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Continue baking until custard is set, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I made this with bosc pears and it was delicious. The pie crust is very nice. I only needed about 3 pears and did not use all the custard but next time I will try to make a higher rim on my tart. Also used heavy cream in the filling- very good flavor, not to sweet and looks very professional.