Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I tasted this at a Chinese Restaurant Buffet here in Albuquerque. It was so delicious, that I just had to duplicate it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken (bite-size, with skin on)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 4 -6 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- white rice
- toasted peanuts (for garnish)
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- In a large non-stick skillet heat peanut oil& sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger& garlic& cook until aroma is released.
- Stir in chicken pieces& cook until golden brown.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in scallions& coconut milk& simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt& pepper& serve over white rice.
- If desired, garnish with toasted peanuts& cilantro.
This was great. My son didn't care for it, the PB turned him off, but his 9 yo tastebuds aren't yet refined. It reminded me of a Thai peanut chx recipe I do often with cabbage and veggies. for this, I just served over rice. Would make again! I did add about 3/4 c milk to sauce while in pan to loosen it and make it go further.