This is a delicious recipe, closest type of cuisine I can classify it as is Thai. Regardless, it's a great recipe, of course you have to really like peanuts. It is also good with tofu instead of chicken, just cube the tofu, and add to the peanut sauce directly. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 chopped scallions
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (or use a garlic press)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, leafs steamed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, scallions, and garlic and cook until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium and add peanut butter, brown sugar, fish sauce, paprika, juice of limes, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir into a smooth sauce, then add coconut milk in 4 parts, stirring into a smooth sauce again.
- Heat sauce to boiling, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, heat enough water to completely submerge chicken to boiling.
- While water is heating, trim chicken of fat and slice into 1/2 inch wide by 2 inch long pieces.
- Add chicken to boiling water and allow to cook just long enough to completely cook chicken (should be no more than 10 minutes).
- Remove chicken from water and add to peanut sauce, also adding steamed spinach and bell pepper.
- Mix thoroughly, and increase heat to medium.
- Allow this to cook 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle over plenty of white rice.