1/1 Photo of Peanut chicken over rice
Kevin Young's Note:
This is a delicious recipe, closest type of cuisine I can classify it as is Thai. Regardless, it's a great recipe, of course you have to really like peanuts. It is also good with tofu instead of chicken, just cube the tofu, and add to the peanut sauce directly. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 chopped scallions
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (or use a garlic press)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh spinach, leafs steamed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions, scallions, and garlic and cook until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add peanut butter, brown sugar, fish sauce, paprika, juice of limes, and cayenne pepper.
- 4Stir into a smooth sauce, then add coconut milk in 4 parts, stirring into a smooth sauce again.
- 5Heat sauce to boiling, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer stirring occasionally.
- 6In a large pot, heat enough water to completely submerge chicken to boiling.
- 7While water is heating, trim chicken of fat and slice into 1/2 inch wide by 2 inch long pieces.
- 8Add chicken to boiling water and allow to cook just long enough to completely cook chicken (should be no more than 10 minutes).
- 9Remove chicken from water and add to peanut sauce, also adding steamed spinach and bell pepper.
- 10Mix thoroughly, and increase heat to medium.
- 11Allow this to cook 10-15 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and ladle over plenty of white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut chicken over rice
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.6
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 1116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 51.9 g