Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posting for ZWT7. I have not been able to try this recipe as of May '11. It definitely sounds like something that is easy to put together and would have flavors that we enjoy. Found on African Cooking website and submitted by K. Strangeland.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Boil 1/2" of water in pan. Add chicken, cover, and steam 12-15 minutes.
- Drain chicken and shred it with 2 forks on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile heat oil in frying pan. Saute onions and garlic about 6 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in shredded chicken, tomatoes, and peanut butter. Heat 5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.
This was very good! Easy and tasty with only few ingredients - we loved the combination of tomato and peanut butter. Will make this again, thanks for posting!
Made for ZWT 7 Africa for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites.