Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
My contribution to "Peanut Butter-the food of the month" that I found in an Aussie cookbook.
- 125 g butter
- 200 g brown sugar
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 60 ml sour cream
- 125 ml thickened cream
- 80 ml smooth peanut butter
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan, add the sugar and milk, stir over high heat, without boiling, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir over high heat about 5 minutes or until the mixture is golden brown.
- Remove from the heat, wait'til the bubbles subside, then stir in the creams and peanut butter.
- Serve warm over waffles or icecream.
- Can be made up to 5 days ahead and warmed gently to serve.