Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are wonderful cookies that were toted to all kinds of events-school, church, houseboats, etc. My sons and there friends could polish off a batch before they got anywhere near cold. If you like Butterfingers, you will love these cookies!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces, room temperature
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky peanut butter (not old-fashioned style)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 1⁄2 ounces butterfinger candy bars, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- grease two cookie sheets.
- Blend sugars, butter, egg whites and vanilla in processor until fluffy, stopping to scrape down sides, about 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and continue processing until combined, about 20 seconds.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and blend until just combined, pulsing.
- Do not over process.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in chopped Butterfinger bars.
- Mound dough by 1+1/2 tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly using fingers.
- Bake until dry in appearance and centers are still slightly soft to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets 3 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
HI Normaone VERY YUMMY!!!!!I made this recipe to take to work for my coworkers and wanted something different than plain peanut butter cookies.... WOW did they like it.I am taking them the recipe.Thanks Again for a great cookie recipe I will make this again.
YUMMMMM, these cookies are awesome! Chewy and moist! Chocolaty and Buttery!! Definite keeper here, thanks Normaone