Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are wonderful cookies that were toted to all kinds of events-school, church, houseboats, etc. My sons and there friends could polish off a batch before they got anywhere near cold. If you like Butterfingers, you will love these cookies!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces, room temperature
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky peanut butter (not old-fashioned style)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 1⁄2 ounces butterfinger candy bars, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- grease two cookie sheets.
- Blend sugars, butter, egg whites and vanilla in processor until fluffy, stopping to scrape down sides, about 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and continue processing until combined, about 20 seconds.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and blend until just combined, pulsing.
- Do not over process.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in chopped Butterfinger bars.
- Mound dough by 1+1/2 tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly using fingers.
- Bake until dry in appearance and centers are still slightly soft to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets 3 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.