Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, wing tips cut off,trimmed and separated into 2 joints
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large glass bowl or baking dish.
- Add wings, stir and marinate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Drain and reserve marinade.
- Start bbq or preheat broiler.
- BBQ or grill wings until brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn after 10 minutes and baste with marinade.
I love peanut butter, so this recipe was sure to be a success with me. I've marinated the wings for a whole day and the result was great. I loved the tabasco sauce, curry powder and ginger in it, as these ingredients give the wings a nice kick. The marinade would work well with other chicken dishes too such as cubed chicken that is cooked in coconut milk together with the marinade. Thank you Ev, for another great recipe!