Adapted From The Barefoot Contessa's Food Network television show, 2007, entitled "Memory Lane".
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter and flour a 12 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.
- 3Melt together the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water.
- 4Allow to cool slightly.
- 5In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar.
- 6Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 7In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt.
- 8Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 9Toss the remaining 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup of flour, then add them to the chocolate batter.
- 10Pour into the prepared sheet pan.
- 11Spoon the peanut butter over the top of the chocolate mixture and using a knife, swirl it through the chocolate mixture.
- 12Bake for 20 minutes, then rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough.
- 13Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes more or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 14Do not overbake!
- 15Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into large squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (2605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.6
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g