Recipe by Asian Sensation
You know those delicious oatcakes you can sometimes buy at local coffee shops? After several trials I have finally come up with a recipe that satisfies my oatcake craving (and gives my bank account a break!). Hope you enjoy the yummy melt-in-your-mouth texture of this as much as I do =)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or 2 pinches)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind 1 cups of oats until fine.
- In a large bowl, mix ground oats, the remaining 1/2 cup of oats, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
- Add peanut butter to dry ingredients and mix with spoon or hands. Texture will be crumbly.
- Add cold water and vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
- Grease an 8x8" baking dish. Press oatcake batter into dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- If desired, melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle over oatcakes.