Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
This recipe is perfect for all kids no matter what their age! (Prep time is approximate)
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup fruit preserves, any flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 30 mini muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.
- Beat together peanut butter, brown sugar and margarine until creamy.
- Add milk, egg, and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined oats, flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Press rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into each muffin cup.
- Make shallow indentation in center of dough; fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
- FOR BAR COOKIES:.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Make 30 evenly spaced shallow indentation (5 across and 6 down) in dough.
- Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire reack.
- Cut into bars.