Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are delicious, chewy bar cookies that are made with ingredients we always have on hand. They freeze well too!
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in butter and peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in eggs, mixing well until all flour is incorporated.
- Press half of mixture into greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Spread grape jelly or jam over peanut butter mixture (don't worry if crumbs get mixed in while you're trying to spread the jam- it doesn't matter).
- Crumble remaining dough over jelly.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
These are easy and good; my daughter's daycare friends loved them. One change; the first batch I made exactly according to recipe, and I just thought it was a little too sweet for me and not quite peanut-buttery enough. So second batch, I melted about 1/3 cup of peanut butter in the microwave, then drizzled it over the jam and drew a knife through for swirls, before adding the rest of the dough. Also put a little (tsp) lemon juice in the jam to help make it tart. More like PBJ sandwiches, super-yum.
Really good! I used strawberry jam but followed the recipe otherwise.
I should have reviewed this recipe a long time ago because I've been using it for years now. I make it gluten free by substituting Pamela's baking mix for the flour. This is a crowd pleaser!