Recipe by Sherri35
These are delicious, chewy bar cookies that are made with ingredients we always have on hand. They freeze well too!
Top Review by MommaMJ
These are easy and good; my daughter's daycare friends loved them. One change; the first batch I made exactly according to recipe, and I just thought it was a little too sweet for me and not quite peanut-buttery enough. So second batch, I melted about 1/3 cup of peanut butter in the microwave, then drizzled it over the jam and drew a knife through for swirls, before adding the rest of the dough. Also put a little (tsp) lemon juice in the jam to help make it tart. More like PBJ sandwiches, super-yum.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grape jelly or 1 cup jam (or your favorite flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in butter and peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in eggs, mixing well until all flour is incorporated.
- Press half of mixture into greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Spread grape jelly or jam over peanut butter mixture (don't worry if crumbs get mixed in while you're trying to spread the jam- it doesn't matter).
- Crumble remaining dough over jelly.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.