Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
photo by Catherine Robson
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- grape jelly
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine dry ingredients of streusel; cut in shortening.
- Sprinkle streusel over cookie dough.
- With a small spoon, make 24 depressions in the dough (6x4).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven; press depressions again.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and spoon 1/2 tsp jelly into each depression.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cool in pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were very good. I used creamy PB, as the only chunky kind I had was reduced-fat & I was afraid it'd change the texture. Otherwise, I followed as written & used grape jelly. These are pretty dense, so have that glass of milk on hand!!! I also had one a couple of days for breakfast with coffee ;) Thanks!!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live near Rochester NY with my husband and our 18-year-old cat, Fluffy. It's actually Fluffy's house, but he allows us to live here as long as we pamper him and feed him generously. Our daughter, Kree, whom some of you know from Zaar, is also living with us again while she begins a new business venture in real estate. She's the one who got me hooked on Zaar and taught me to try new recipes rather than stay in the cooking rut I was in. In my free time I like to take long rides or sit by the water, both of which I find very relaxing. I also like to do counted cross-stitch and read. I dabble in photography, always looking for that elusive 'perfect' shot. I did more cooking before I started working full-time, and plan to again when I retire (still years away, but dreaming).