Recipe by manushag
Peanut Butter square with caramel and chocolate on top. I don't remember where I got this recipe, but everyone loves it!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 26 -30 caramels
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Cream butter with sugar. Add peanut butter, egg and water. Add dry ingredients. Press into cake pan and bake 15-20 minutes until brown around the edges. Cool 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt caramels with cream. Stir and add vanilla. Spread hot caramel over crust and top with chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. After chocolate melts, I chill in refrigerator until chocolate is firm before attempting to cut.