Recipe by october sky
This is a wonderful summer treat for all peanut butter and ice cream lovers. It's very simple to make, but be sure to plan ahead, as it needs to set up in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours. If you don't care for chocolate, you can substitute graham cracker pie crusts. Time preparing includes freezing time.
- 2 chocolate cookie pie crust (I use Keebler brand)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter (or 2 Cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 8 reeces peanut butter cups, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Working quickly, blend the 1/2 gallon softened vanilla ice cream with the peanut butter, mix well.
- Stir in the Cool Whip until well blended.
- Quickly divide between the two pie crusts, sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups, and freeze for 3 to 4 hours until frozen solid.
- Take out about 10 minutes before serving for easier slicing. Enjoy!