Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A different kind of gingerbread cookie
- 1 2⁄3 cups reese's peanut butter chips
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325F.
- On lightly floured surface, roll 1 dough portion at a time to 1/8-inch thickness; with floured cookie cutters, cut into holiday shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired.
- (This recipe makes about 6 dozen cookies).
For useful directions on this see recipe 132966. the only difference in the ingredients is an additional 1/4 c. butter. still, i'm looking for a version that uses real peanut butter instead of the chips. I had it years ago.