Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was a $100 prize-winner for Noreen Brady, submitted to BH&G in 1987. Prepare these, and they will continually call your name (lol) from the cookie jar. I recommend using a rich, flavorful peanut butter for optimum flavor.
- For dough, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sour cream until mixture forms a ball.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt peanut butter chips, stirring continually. Stir in peanut butter.
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar.
- Halve dough. On a surface sprinkled lightly with additional powdered sugar, roll each dough half into a 12x9-inch rectangle.
- Spread half of the filling on each rectangle.
- Roll dough up from the long side.
- Wrap and chill dough for one to two hours, or until firm.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350°F Cut dough into 1/2-inch slices. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet Bake for 25 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown. Remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- For glaze, cook and stir chocolate pieces and shortening in a small sauce pan over low heat. Drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies.