Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are a nice change of pace from your ordinary cinnamon roll and a favorite of peanut butter lovers!
- Ready In:
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water (110 degrees, F)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand approx.
- 5 minutes.
- Add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil and salt.
- Beat well.
- Stir in remaining flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a well-floured surface until it becomes smooth and elastic (approx. 5 minutes).
- Place the dough in a greased bowl.
- Turn the dough in the bowl so the entire dough is coated.
- Let it rise until doubled in size (approximately 45 minutes).
- Punch the dough down and divide it in half.
- Roll out each section and spread the peanut butter over each.
- Sprinkle each section with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the sections and cut into 1 1/2 in.
- Place the rolls into greased baking pans, and rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- Frosting: Beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in 1/2 the sugar.
- Mix in 1/3 cup milk.
- Beat in remaining sugar.
- Slowly add milk until the frosting is a desired consistency.
- When rolls come out of the oven, frost and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION