Recipe by ~SwoR~
This peanut butter fudge is made with 7 common kitchen ingredients. (Corn syrup might be an exception for some kitchens.) This is easy to make and it is smooth and creamy. I have been making it for years and it is great for fund raisers. You can use crunchy peanut butter but I prefer creamy.
Top Review by Make It Easy!
I learned that I do not care for fudge that is predominantly sugar. It tasted more like peanut butter sugar crystals. Didn't cut well either. No one cared for. I would prefer a good creamy fudge recipe and use pb chips instead of choc. chips.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy sauce pan over medium heat, mix sugar, milk, margarine and syrup stirring only until sugar dissolves.
- While the mixture cooks measure out peanut butter and vanilla and line a square dish with foil and butter it.
- Continue cooking mixture until it reaches soft ball on a candy thermometer.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT!
- THIS IS IMPORTANT AND WILL EFFECT OUT COME.
- Let it sit for just a moment (about 5 seconds).
- Add peanut butter to hot mixture and stir quickly.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour into buttered dish.
- Let it remain still after pouring and the top will have a glossy shine when it sets up.
- (about 2 hours).
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- This is very rich.
- Note: When I am making this for my family, I just butter a glass dish and cut it out.
- For presentation, it is easier to line the pan and remove it before cutting with a thin sharp knife.