Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This cake also came from an old Kraft Peanut Butter ad. It is so good. Its deep chocolate cake is complemented by the peanut butter glaze, which is more like an icing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 5 -6 tablespoons milk
- To make cake: Generously grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Cream the margarine with the peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the water, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Top with Peanut Butter Glaze.
- Garnish with chopped nuts if desired.
- To make peanut butter glaze: Cream the butter with the peanut butter, vanilla and salt.
- Add the sugar alternately with the milk, beating until light and creamy.
Cake was a little on the dry side but the icing made up for it.