Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was making a kid's rich, chocolate birthday cake and tried some experimenting. This turned out FABULOUS and hardens like a royal icing. The color is a light latté color and can be tinted most darker shades. This recipe requires POWDERED/CONFECTIONARY sugar! If you have a granular mess or weird texture it is because you used granular sugar.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter (melted)
- Cream butter and powdered sugar.
- Add 1 TBS of milk.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds until liquidy.
- Add to buttercream frosting mixture.
- If needed add second TBS of milk.
- Spread or pipe immediately, it will harden as it cools.
Easy to make and good flavor. It was difficult to spread because it did not want to stick to the cake. The finished texture was odd looking. Made exactly as written with creamy Skippy peanut butter and one tablespoon of milk, but it did not harden.
Amazing!! It was perfect! Thanks for sharing!
Simply delicious and so easy to make!! Thanks for adding this recipe!!